Attorney John P. McKenna is an aggressive and zealous advocate and has an extensive background in Personal Injury, Immigration and Criminal Law. Attorney McKenna has successfully tried hundreds of cases throughout his career. Attorney McKenna has taught hundreds of law enforcement officials in various areas of the law including search and seizure, criminal law, constitutional law and evidence. These officials are members of the U.S. Marshalls, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Massachusetts State Police, Springfield Police Department, Holyoke Police Department, West Springfield Police Department, Chicopee Police, Ware Police Department, Palmer Police Department, Northampton Police Department, Wilbraham Police Department and numerous other departments.
Attorney McKenna in his prior position of Congressional Counsel worked extensively with USCIS, Department of State and the various consulates throughout the world in assisting immigrants through the complicated world of immigration.
We proudly serve as a firm specializing in Immigration , Criminal and Personal Injury Law. Our office is located in Springfield, Massachusetts. The practice of law takes us throughout the entire Commonwealth, from the Berkshires to Boston. In particular we focus our practice in the four western counties, Hampden, Hampshire, Berkshire and Franklin including the metropolitan areas of Springfield, Northampton, Pittsfield, Greenfield, Holyoke, Palmer, West Springfield, Westfield, Belchertown, Chicopee and Longmeadow.
Our firm possesses strong academic credentials, deep community ties, and a zealous commitment to your success. We speak "plain English." We demonstrate the strictest personal and professional ethics. Above all, we are passionately committed to the needs of our clients.
We utilize state-of-the-art technology and practical, cost-effective methods to provide services in a timely, client-oriented manner. That means we return your phone calls promptly; report to you regularly; and are up front about our fees so that there are no surprises.
In short, at our core, we focus on each client's background, needs, and goals. That's where we start. With you. And we never stray from the idea that your needs set our course.
- Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- White Collar Crimes
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Immigration & Naturalization Law
- Real Estate Law
- Traffic Violations
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Assumption College, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Representative Cases:
- Sitcha v. Ridge, 2005 WL736521 D. Mass March 31 (Mass Federal District Court 2005)
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Search and Seizure, Massachusetts State Police & Drug Enforcement Agency, 1996 - 1999
- Criminal Law, Anna Maria College, 1996 - Present
- Evidence, Anna Maria College, 1996 - Present
- Constitutional Law, Anna Maria College, 1996 - Present
- Criminal Procedure, Anna Maria College, 1996 - Present
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Vietnamese American Civic Association, 2002 - Present
- Member, Board of Directors
- Partnership for Healthier Community, Baystate Health Systems, 2002 - Present
- Member, Board of Directors
- Past Employment Positions:
- U.S. Representative Richard E. Neal, Congressional Counsel, 2001 - 2004
- Hampden County, District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney/Prosecutor, 1995 - 2000
- Traveler's Insurance Company, Claims Representative, 1989 - 1993
- Anna Maria College, Faculty, 1996 - Present